[CentOS] Problems with Samba-based Home-Directory

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 05:13:56 UTC 2015

On 07/06/2015 10:00 PM, Meikel wrote:
> I'll check the cable (not clear how I can do that, probably using
> another cable and connecting to another outlet).

Use a different cable to the same switch port, first.  If you change
both the cable and the switch port, you won't know if the problem was
the cable or the switch port.

If the problem persists with a different cable, *then* try a different
switch port.

> e1000e 0000:00:19.0: eth0: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection
> e1000e: eth0 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: None
> It says that it has a speed of 10/100, but I definitely expect 1000 Mbps!

Yeah, the low link speed is no surprise given the long negotiation time.

Google-fu also turns up a suggestion that the switch doesn't negotiate
properly in some cases, and that the problem can be resolved by
disabling power saving mode on the switch, in its management interface.