[CentOS] Problems with Samba-based Home-Directory

Sun Jul 5 18:52:00 UTC 2015
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 07/05/2015 07:57 AM, Meikel wrote:
> Jul  5 16:36:08 meikel-pc kernel: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not
> ready
> Jul  5 16:36:23 meikel-pc kernel: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link
> becomes ready
>
> It takes 15 seconds between the two messages until it becomes ready. I
> have no idea why it first says that the link is not ready.

It's probably autonegotiation of link speed.  I'm not sure why it'd take
that long.  I'd think the most likely explanation would be a bad cable.
  Could also be a flaky port on the switch, or a flaky Ethernet card.
What brand is the local interface?