[CentOS] USB stick query

Sun Jul 5 22:43:35 UTC 2015
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Gordon Messmer wrote:

> On 07/03/2015 03:43 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> I've tried this again, and it does not seem to work.
>> Have you actually tried it?

> I don't have a CentOS system here that I can reboot readily.  And it
> occurs to me that if I did, I didn't ask if your system boots via BIOS
> or UEFI.

Thanks for your response.
It boots via BIOS, and in fact boots into CentOS-7/KDE on a USB stick
(that is how I installed CentOS-7), and into Fedora-21/KDE on a stick.

But it doesn't boot back into the CentOS-7 system that is normally running
if I say "sudo grub2-install /dev/sdc" (the USB stick is sdc).
It just comes up with the repeated "-",
which I take to mean it has found the boot-loader on the USB stick,
but has not found the kernel on /dev/sda6.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net