[CentOS] 7.1 install with Areca arc-1224

Mon Jul 6 00:03:28 UTC 2015
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 07/05/2015 04:38 PM, C Linus Hicks wrote:
> anaconda will try to delete an rpm file if it gets an IOError. Your
> media may be corrupt. Check that first.
>
> ----- Above quoted -----
>
> No such luck. On the system where I'm doing the install, I used dd to
> read the entire DVD and also copied every .rpm to /dev/null and
> didn't get any I/O errors.
>
> What next?

That's not the same as checking the media for corruption.  You may be
able to read all of the files, but if the data is corrupt, rpm may throw
and IOError.

So, the next thing to do is check your media.  The DVD should offer to
do that first when you boot from it.