[CentOS] Backups solution from WinDoze to linux

Tue Jul 14 17:49:50 UTC 2015
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 07/14/2015 07:17 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> My manager just tasked me at looking at this, for one team we're
> supporting. Now, he'd been thinking of bacula, but I see their Windows
> binaries are now not-free, so I'm looking around. IIRC, Les thinks highly
> of backuppc; comments on that, or other packaged solutions?

I would strongly recommend a product that supports VSS.  Bacula does,
and Veeam does as far as I can tell (mentioned by Tom). BackupPC does
not.  Without snapshots (VSS), you may back up inconsistent data, and
you'll miss backups of open files.