[CentOS] Backups solution from WinDoze to linux

Tue Jul 14 22:35:10 UTC 2015
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 14.07.2015 um 19:00 schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
> Leon Fauster wrote:
>> <snip>
>> This will continue to be the case, and we have planned a number of
>> projects that are sponsored by Bacula Systems.  The will probably begin
>> to appear in the community version between March and July of 2015.
>
> Sorry, your syntax has me slightly confused. Are you saying that it is the
> case that, in general, the Windows binaries will be pay-only?

sorry for the missing context: i just quoted from the URI below.
Kern Sibbald stated that the win binaries will be provided for free.

>> A few of these new features will be:
>>
>> 1. Free Enterprise Windows binaries with all the latest features for
>> individual community members.
>> </snip>
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/p/bacula/mailman/bacula-announce/?viewmonth=201501
>
> Which doesn't help me at all, since a) I'm not in the bacula community,
> and b) this is for an agency of the US federal gov't which shall remain
> nameless*, but whose budget is 20% *lower* than it was in 2003.

in the first post you (your manager) mentioned bacula as possible solution,
therefore i came up with this information. So, the bacula packages are in
the repositories :-).

--
LF