[CentOS] Multiple network cards - routing issue? [SOLVED]

Sun Jul 19 19:31:16 UTC 2015
Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 17:27:09 +0200
Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Clearly your gateway 204.83.15.254 does not act like it should. Look
> broken or misconfigured, at least from within your network.

This server has three network cards in it.  I just disabled (unconfigured) eth1 and configured eth2 with the external IP address and whatnot.  Plugged in the modem to eth2 and away she goes.  Everything works as it should.  Cranked up the streaming audio and rock on!

So I apparently have a hardware issue; eth1 has failed in some strange way.  Oh well.  I'm not going to worry about replacing it right away since I'm just using two network connections at the moment anyway.

I'm running a yum update on that machine right now (for the first time since it was shut off a year ago) and all appears to be well.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to look at my issue and provide input.

I hate mysterious hardware failures.

The only bad news is that the radio station has fallen off the air today for some reason, so all I have to stream from there is static.  Oh well -- that end is NOT my problem.

Thanks again for the assistance, folks!