[CentOS] Mounting NFS file systems via Nautilus on CentOS 6

Tue Jul 21 15:54:21 UTC 2015
Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com>

On 13/07/15 00:58, Kahlil Hodgson wrote:
> Looks like Nautilus is periodically 'stat'-ing the bookmark location.
Yep.

I'm wondering if this should be reported as a bug. I really think it
ought to leave the bookmarks alone until you actually try to access them.

> How about making a softlink to the target dir in your home directory, then
> bookmarking the link in nautilus.  Hopefully Nautilus will stat the link
> and not the target then.
I've been away for some days, so I haven't been able to test this until
now...

Anyhow, I like the idea, but it looks like it doesn't actually work. I
guess Nautlius will also "follow" links when it does whatever it is it
wants to do with the bookmarks, so that bookmarking a link has the same
effect as bookmarking the target location :-(

Another observation is that bookmarks for remote locations in URL form
(smb://..., ftp://... etc.) will not be accessed in the same manner, so
I'm thinking that the problem would be solved if I could trick the
system into thinking the autofs mount point is one of those. (It *is* a
remote location, of course, but not in the same way...) I have no idea
how this might be done, however.

- Toralf