[CentOS] Mounting NFS file systems via Nautilus on CentOS 6

Mon Jul 13 08:19:28 UTC 2015
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Sun, 12 Jul 2015, Toralf Lund wrote:

> On 11/07/15 18:10, John Hodrien wrote:
>>  Why not just use autofs and have it mounted on demand?
>
> You probably didn't read my post properly.

Sorry about that, I clearly missed quite a lot of your post.

> Part of what I'm saying is that autofs is set up out-of-the box to mount the
> filesystem. However, to access the area, I have to type in the full path all
> the time, which is rather tedios. I'd like to bookmark the location, but the
> problem is that Nautilus apparently keeps accessing all bookmarked folders
> to check status or something, which in practice means autofs will try to
> keep the filesystem mounted at all times - which I don't want.

I think a symlink is your only option, if you can't cope with autofs mounting
it when you don't want it (or failing to mount it).  Depending on your reasons
for not liking it trying to mount, you may find BROWSE_MODE with autofs
satisfies Nautilus when the mount is unavailable.

jh