[CentOS] Satellite 6

Wed Jul 22 17:34:08 UTC 2015
Thomas Eriksson <thomas.eriksson at slac.stanford.edu>

On 07/22/2015 09:38 AM, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Since Satellite 6 is an amalgam of other F/OSS projects and is no longer
> solely based on Spacewalk, is a new upstream project for Satellite 6
> going to be created? BEtter yet, is a new upstream project already
> available?
>
> Ranbir

The upstream project is called Katello, http://www.katello.org/
It has nothing to do with Spacewalk as far as I can tell.

I have been tinkering with it a bit for a while and it's not too bad.
It still has some maturing to do, at the moment it's fragile and much
too easy to break. It needs a lot more horsepower to run than
Spacewalk, both I/O and CPU.

-Thomas