[CentOS] Satellite 6

Wed Jul 22 18:46:35 UTC 2015
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca>

On 2015-07-22 13:34, Thomas Eriksson wrote:
> The upstream project is called Katello, http://www.katello.org/
> It has nothing to do with Spacewalk as far as I can tell.

Katello is just one piece. Satellite 6 also integrates Candlepin, Puppet
and more. What I'm wondering is if the entire set of software -
Satellite 6 as one piece - is going to get a new upstream project.

> I have been tinkering with it a bit for a while and it's not too bad.
> It still has some maturing to do, at the moment it's fragile and much
> too easy to break. It needs a lot more horsepower to run than
> Spacewalk, both I/O and CPU.

We're moving to Sat 6 at work. So far it looks pretty neat, but there
are some bugs that hit our test system hard. They're still not resolved.

--
Kanwar R.S. Sandhu