[CentOS] rsyslog.conf

Thu Jul 23 14:31:18 UTC 2015

Windsor Dave (AdP/TEF7) wrote:
>> Behalf Of Leon Fauster
>>Am 22.07.2015 um 17:41 schrieb Windsor Dave (AdP/TEF7)
>> <Dave.Windsor at us.bosch.com>:
>>> Sorry for the top post, Outlook defaults strike again.....
>>
>>Outlook forces you to write above ? :-)
>
> Perhaps I should say instead that it "strongly encourages" top posting,
> and all our internal emails follow that convention.
>
> It's habit-forming.... :-)
>
> Best regards

Yeah, and it's an M$ innovation I *really* dislike. I've had disagreements
with my wife about that. What was it, Lookout, er Outlook '08 that did
that?

The *real* issue is that the way email traditionally was, with bottom
posting, or intercollation, made it *readable*, and esp. if you come into
a thread late, you could figure out what was going on.

I don't know of any written language on the planet that reads from the
bottom up... and if *anyone* doesn't top post, like a lot of us, it makes
it unreadable (up, down, up, down, down, up....)... which is why the
generally-agreed convention on every mailing list I'm on is traditional
format.

       mark "Kill Bill...."