[CentOS] Suddenly OpenVPN not working - backgrounds prompt for username / password

Mon Jul 27 17:41:26 UTC 2015
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 07/25/2015 08:05 PM, Alan McKay wrote:
> I'm on a fresh install of CentOS 7 and take my config that works on
> Ubuntu on the same box.  Instead of getting a prompt for username and
> password for the VPN I get a backgrounded task that spits this out :
> Password entry required for 'Enter Auth Username:' (PID 23461).
> Please enter password with the systemd-tty-ask-password-agent tool!

So, run "systemd-tty-ask-password-agent".  You should be prompted for
the password, there.

OpenVPN in CentOS was built with --enable-systemd, which uses the agent
so that connections can be started as a service and still use password
authentication.