[CentOS] nginx conflicting server name ignored warning

Jeremy Thompson jeremy at warehousesports.com
Mon Jun 1 17:34:01 UTC 2015

on my configs for every server { } instance I only call out the server_name directive once.  I haven’t ever passed them to the cgi servers as a param though.  You’ve probably looked already but make sure those domain names don’t exist in another conf like maybe the default.conf.

--
Jeremy Thompson
Sports Warehouse Inc.
jeremy at warehousesports.com

Guys,

I'm getting a strange warning whenever I do a config test or a restart of
nginx 1.0.15

[root at aoadbld00032lb nginx]# nginx -t
nginx: [warn] conflicting server name "aoadbld00032lb.company.com" on
0.0.0.0:80, ignored
nginx: [warn] conflicting server name "logs.pcf.company.com" on 0.0.0.0:80,
ignored
nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful

And as far as I can tell I only have one server_name directive in the whole
config:

[root at aoadbld00032lb nginx]# grep -r server_name *
conf.d/kibana.conf:    server_name   aoadbld00032lb.company.com
logs.pcf.company.com;
fastcgi_params:fastcgi_param  SERVER_NAME        $server_name;
scgi_params:scgi_param  SERVER_NAME        $server_name;
uwsgi_params:uwsgi_param  SERVER_NAME        $server_name;

It's more of an annoyance than any kind of real problem, as far as I can
tell. Because the site I'm trying to put up with it appears to be working.
I'm using this host as a logstash server.

But does anybody have any ideas as to why this may be happening? Or of any
potential problems that this may cause?

Thanks,
Tim

--