[CentOS] How to preserve the login session's running apps without hibernation

jd1008

jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 01:11:33 UTC 2015

When I was running mate on another computer, I would log off
or shutdown, and power up and login again and mate
would restore all the gui apps in all the workspaces.

Gnome does not do that.

Also, I do not have a way to upgrade to Centos 7 because
1. graphic installation fails (as I have posted here before).
2. I do not want to do text install because it will clobber my existing
    partitioning scheme and does not provide for modifying the automatic
    partitioning scheme.