[CentOS] NUX Skype for Linux

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Fri Jun 19 12:41:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, June 18, 2015 10:05, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Thu, June 18, 2015 8:29 am, Jonathan Billings wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 09:11:01AM -0400, James B. Byrne wrote:
>>> So, what does this do?
>>>
>>> # cat /etc/prelink.conf.d/skype.conf
>>> -b /usr/bin/skype
>>
>> It blacklists /usr/bin/skype from prelink.  Not sure why, but it
>> wouldn't affect make your system automatically start skype.
>>
>> Read 'man prelink.conf':
>>
>>        -b --black-list=PATH
>>                      This  option  allows  blacklisting  certain
>>                      paths, libraries or binaries.  Prelink will not
>>                      touch them during prelinking.
>>

> On a side note: James, you may want to think of getting rid of prelink
> altogether. The only downside is: it allegedly makes starting new
> process

We removed prelink from all systems some time ago mainly due to its
interference with aide.

I have searched the entire system using 'find /etc -type f | xargs
grep -in skype' and 'find /home -type f | xargs grep -in skype' and
found nothing beyond what was previously reported here.

I have since removed the software via 'yum history rollback'.  And it
will not be returning.

Thanks for the help.

Canada  L8E 3C3