[CentOS] how do I make my headset work

Fri Jun 5 06:26:10 UTC 2015
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jun 2015, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> The sound preferences widget on gnome says "Input volume" 100%.
>> There is also a row of 15 rectangles labeled "Input level".
>> None of them are highighted.
>
> Also, I tried different settings for connector.
> All gave me static except for Line-in.
> That one gave me silence.

When I run arecord the applications tab tells
me that an alsa plug-in, aplay, is running.
I'm aware that aplay is an alias for arecord.

I need a nap.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods