[CentOS] CentOS 7 + Dell Latitude E6420 laptop = thermalshutdown

Mon Jun 15 16:55:53 UTC 2015
deoren <centos-list at whyaskwhy.org>

On 6/15/2015 11:44 AM, johan.vermeulen7 wrote:
> deoren <centos-list at whyaskwhy.org>schreef:
>
> Thanks for the feedback. Did you have to install or configure any packages differently for the laptops than you would a desktop?
>
> Hello,
>
> Not realy.
> I don't use any packages for battery optimalisation or anything like that.
> By coincidence, I will have latitude E 6420 's available for testing on thursday.
> Greetz, Johan

I'd say that's a happy coincidence (for me anyway). If you experience similar issues please share your experience. I hope to be able to invest some time troubleshooting the issue in the next few days and will start with checking the fan speed (per earlier recommendations) before the system shuts down again.