[CentOS] OT: default password for HP printer

Mon Jun 22 21:15:43 UTC 2015
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 06/22/2015 04:49 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Mon, June 22, 2015 3:27 pm, ken wrote:
>> On 06/22/2015 04:00 PM, Frank Cox wrote:

>>> Did you try typing the word BLANK into that field?
>>>

>> Yep.  That's not it either.
>
> I missed the beginning of the thread, so sorry if it was already mentioned.
>
> Did you try to find the way to reset NVRAM of your printer? Devises with
> embedded systems usually have the way to do it (we were calling it: "if
> you have your hands on the device, you can do anything to it").
>
> Good luck!
>
> Valeri

Yes, I could re-flash the firmware, but then I'd be at the same place I
am now (except that I'd need to configure the networking again).
Changing the firmware wouldn't tell me what the default password is.