[CentOS] OT: default password for HP printer

Tue Jun 23 08:01:55 UTC 2015
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 06/22/2015 06:51 PM, Always Learning wrote:

> On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 17:22 -0400, ken wrote:
>
>> True, I didn't mention that the manual's gone missing.  But I thought
>> that fact would be obvious and not in need of explaining.
>
> As soon as I get a new product, I get a PDF version of the manual and
> store in a specific database. Some manufacturers are reluctant to
> provide a PDF version, but the effort means I always have access to the
> original instructions.

Two things I've learned from this:

In addition to noting the new password you give to a device, also note
along with it the default password to it.  You never know when some tech
support person is going to tell you -- or for some other reason you
might need -- to reset a device back to defaults.

Secondly, don't rely on tech support to be able to say what that default
password is.