[CentOS] OT: default password for HP printer

Tue Jun 23 14:21:18 UTC 2015
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

On Tue, 2015-06-23 at 04:01 -0400, ken wrote:

> On 06/22/2015 06:51 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> > As soon as I get a new product, I get a PDF version of the manual and
> > store in a specific database. Some manufacturers are reluctant to
> > provide a PDF version, but the effort means I always have access to the
> > original instructions.

> Two things I've learned from this:
>
> In addition to noting the new password you give to a device, also note
> along with it the default password to it.  You never know when some tech
> support person is going to tell you -- or for some other reason you
> might need -- to reset a device back to defaults.
>
> Secondly, don't rely on tech support to be able to say what that default
> password is.

Together with the PDF version of the instruction manual I also store any
serial numbers, any passwords, any-reset methods and options, my initial
configuration choices. It saves time and effort if the item subsequently
requires replacement or duplication.

Trying to remember forgotten things years later is always difficult :-)

--

Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.