[CentOS] leap second and Centos

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 21:41:57 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net> wrote:

> Short answer: last time it was threaded stuff like Java, the time before
> it was systems under heavy kernel loads.  Who knows, this time Postfix
> could hang, or MySQL could corrupt databases, or something else.
> Probably nothing will happen, but if you want a "cover your ass" report,
> I don't think anybody has done that.

I'm not looking for a research project on how to prove that the last
bug has been found or not.  And I'm not particularly concerned about
application-level bugs. Every time a second rolls over we take a
chance of hitting a new previously unknown bug.  We're all taking that
chance.

I just want the package revisions for at least the kernel and tzdata*
files and anything else where previously-found bugs related to the
leap second have been fixed.    What I want to know (and be able to
describe concisely to a non-geek person) is that on a particular
machine either that the known/expected bugs have been fixed, or that
they haven't and we need to schedule a reboot.   And it seems like
something everyone else using a distribution would want to know as
well, at least for machines where scheduling a reboot is no-trivial.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com