[CentOS] leap second and Centos

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 22:04:13 UTC 2015

On 03/06/2015 01:41 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> I just want the package revisions for at least the kernel and tzdata*
> files and anything else where previously-found bugs related to the
> leap second have been fixed.

https://access.redhat.com/articles/15145
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2013-0496.html

Contrary to your previous assertion, in 2012, it was not the kernel that
consumed CPU cycles.  That problem was seen in user space.  The problem
was fixed by changing the kernel's implementation of leap second
handling, but the reason that you are being told that testing your
applications is the only way to verify that there is not a problem is
that these problems aren't confined to the kernel and tzdata packages.