[CentOS] Something like apt-cacher for CentOS/RHEL?

Niki Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Sat Mar 7 06:51:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

For some time I've fiddled with Debian and Ubuntu LTS. There's one
really nice feature for local networks: apt-cacher, a package proxy for
APT.

My company is in the remote South French countryside, and more often
than not, schools and public libraries only have some very limited
Internet access with relatively low bandwidth, which can make the
updating process very tedious. A package cache comes in very handy in
such situation.

Do you know if something like this exists for RPM-based distributions?

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr