[CentOS] serious problem with torque

Wed May 27 14:07:39 UTC 2015

Hi, folks,

   The other admin updated torque without testing it on one machine, and
we had Issues. The first I knew was when a user reported qstat
returning
socket_connect_unix failed: 15137
socket_connect_unix failed: 15137
socket_connect_unix failed: 15137
qstat: cannot connect to server (null) (errno=15137) could not connect to
trqauthd

Attempting to restart the pbs_server did the same. Working with my
manager, we found:
  a) torque had been updated from 2.x to 4.2.10, which is huge.
  b) Apparently, it no longer uses munged. Instead, it uses trqauthd, and
that wasn't
        in the updated packages.
  c) We could not downgrade!!!
  d) My manager updated from testing, and installed, and then running
trqauthd, and
        restarting pbs_server, it appears to be working again.

Should I be filing a bug report?

       mark