[CentOS] serious problem with torque

Wed May 27 14:41:44 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/27/2015 09:07 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Hi, folks,
>
>    The other admin updated torque without testing it on one machine, and
> we had Issues. The first I knew was when a user reported qstat
> returning
> socket_connect_unix failed: 15137
> socket_connect_unix failed: 15137
> socket_connect_unix failed: 15137
> qstat: cannot connect to server (null) (errno=15137) could not connect to
> trqauthd
>
> Attempting to restart the pbs_server did the same. Working with my
> manager, we found:
>   a) torque had been updated from 2.x to 4.2.10, which is huge.
>   b) Apparently, it no longer uses munged. Instead, it uses trqauthd, and
> that wasn't
>         in the updated packages.
>   c) We could not downgrade!!!
>   d) My manager updated from testing, and installed, and then running
> trqauthd, and
>         restarting pbs_server, it appears to be working again.
>
> Should I be filing a bug report?

You don not mention which version of CentOS you are using, but for
CentOS-7 ..

The only torque I see is in epel-testing (which is their unstable
branch) .. I would think that is the list for this discussion.  Or did
it come from somewhere else?

Not that I mind it being discussed here too .. but you might get better
results there.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes