[CentOS] appdynamics php agent prevented by SELinux

Mon May 11 15:43:14 UTC 2015
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 11.05.2015 um 16:47 schrieb Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>:
>> That's a rather odd (personally, I think bad) place for a log (or
>> even logfile lock) and I'm not at all surprised that selinux is
>> keeping your application from writing there. I would check to see if
>> there is a setup/configuration option for your application to put
>> the log files and related in a more standard location (/var/log,
>> /var/run), where it is less likely to run into an issue.
>

> Yeah I agree that it's an unusual place to store log files. However I'm not
> aware of any way to change that location since it's an RPM install. Maybe a
> source install is possible. I'll do some googling.
>

>> This isn't really a C7-specific issue/"problem".
>

> Yeah that's right. I said that poorly. I had just been dealing with an
> issue with systemctl priror to that which was due to it being a C7 machine.
> But really only because I had been using systemctl.
>
> What I'm most curious about is how Apache is reporting SELinux problems
> whether or not SELinux is enabled. Like I said earlier, if I have SELinux
> set to off, you still see those kind of messages relating to SELinux when
> you do a status on httpd.
>
> Odd.  One thing I did try was to do a restorecon -R -v
> /usr/lib/appdynamics-php5/.
>
> Since it might not be easy to change paths I was hoping to find a way to
> solve this using SELinux.. Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to
> solve this?

what was mentioned was the run time configuration.
Despite the install location some application allow
to specify alternative argument, e.g.

/usr/bin/mycomapp --logfile /var/log/mycomapp/mycomapp.log

or via configuration file

# grep LOGFILE /etc/mycomapp/mycomapp.conf
LOGFILE=/var/log/mycomapp/mycomapp.log

--
LF