[CentOS] appdynamics php agent prevented by SELinux

Tue May 12 14:21:19 UTC 2015
Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>

Hi Jason,

> This means SELinux is ON in a kind of testing mode. It is only reporting
> what would be blocked and not "enforcing" anything. So the messages are
> basically informing you that you WILL have problems IF you enable enforcing
> mode.
> Checking AppDynamic PHP agent it does not support SELinux (which is
> insanely poor for the license cost!) so best you can do is ignore the
> messages. It may be better to contact their support channels for help too
> rather then here if you need any more.
> Disabling SELinux completely should stop the messages appearing
> completely, though I advise against anything but enforcing mode

OK thanks. That makes complete sense. I do plan on enabling SELinux
enforcing mode soon! And I find it more than a little surprising that the
appdynamics php agent won't support SELinux. I'll have to bring this up to
them, we have a pretty big account with them.

Thanks!
Tim