[CentOS] Constant screen flicker with Firefox browser

Mon May 18 19:00:24 UTC 2015
Thomas Eriksson <thomas.eriksson at slac.stanford.edu>

On 05/17/2015 11:34 PM, László Csontos wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks for the hint.
>
> I'm trying to rebuild the original SRPM without the patch for know, but I'm
> getting the following error.
>
> rpmbuild --rebuild /tmp/clutter-1.14.4-12.el7.src.rpm
> checking for XIAllowTouchEvents... yes
> checking for XIScrollClassInfo.number... yes
> checking for XkbQueryExtension... yes
> checking for GDK_PIXBUF... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (gdk-pixbuf-2.0) were not met:
>
> Package libpng15 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libpng15.pc'
> Package 'libpng15', required by 'GdkPixbuf', not found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GDK_PIXBUF_CFLAGS
> and GDK_PIXBUF_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.o3QHFY (%build)
>
> I've checked that libpng15.pc is in /usr/lib/pkgconfig. Tried to set
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH to /usr/lib/pkgconfig manually, but the error is the same.
>
> Do you have any idea how to work this around?
>
> Cheers,
> Laszlo

Hi Lazlo,

To build almost any src.rpm package you will need some *-devel packages
installed. And if you are going to modify a build you need to install
the src.rpm into a build area first.

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SetupRpmBuildEnvironment
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mock?rd=Subprojects/Mock

The spec file contains a set BuildRequires statements that will be a
starting point. The clutter.spec file contains these:

BuildRequires: glib2-devel mesa-libGL-devel pkgconfig pango-devel
BuildRequires: cairo-gobject-devel gdk-pixbuf2-devel atk-devel
BuildRequires: cogl-devel >= %{cogl_version}
BuildRequires: gobject-introspection-devel >= 0.9.6
BuildRequires: gtk3-devel
BuildRequires: json-glib-devel >= 0.12.0
BuildRequires: libXcomposite-devel
BuildRequires: libXdamage-devel
BuildRequires: libXi-devel

-Thomas