[CentOS] Constant screen flicker with Firefox browser

Tue May 19 12:31:23 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/18/2015 02:00 PM, Thomas Eriksson wrote:

> On 05/17/2015 11:34 PM, László Csontos wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> Thanks for the hint.
>>
>> I'm trying to rebuild the original SRPM without the patch for know, but I'm
>> getting the following error.
>>
>> rpmbuild --rebuild /tmp/clutter-1.14.4-12.el7.src.rpm
>> checking for XIAllowTouchEvents... yes
>> checking for XIScrollClassInfo.number... yes
>> checking for XkbQueryExtension... yes
>> checking for GDK_PIXBUF... no
>> configure: error: Package requirements (gdk-pixbuf-2.0) were not met:
>>
>> Package libpng15 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libpng15.pc'
>> to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>> Package 'libpng15', required by 'GdkPixbuf', not found
>>
>> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>>
>> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GDK_PIXBUF_CFLAGS
>> and GDK_PIXBUF_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
>> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.o3QHFY (%build)
>>
>> I've checked that libpng15.pc is in /usr/lib/pkgconfig. Tried to set
>> PKG_CONFIG_PATH to /usr/lib/pkgconfig manually, but the error is the same.
>>
>> Do you have any idea how to work this around?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Laszlo
>>

> Hi Lazlo,
>
> To build almost any src.rpm package you will need some *-devel packages
> installed. And if you are going to modify a build you need to install
> the src.rpm into a build area first.
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SetupRpmBuildEnvironment
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mock?rd=Subprojects/Mock
>
> The spec file contains a set BuildRequires statements that will be a
> starting point. The clutter.spec file contains these:
>
> BuildRequires: glib2-devel mesa-libGL-devel pkgconfig pango-devel
> BuildRequires: cairo-gobject-devel gdk-pixbuf2-devel atk-devel
> BuildRequires: cogl-devel >= %{cogl_version}
> BuildRequires: gobject-introspection-devel >= 0.9.6
> BuildRequires: gtk3-devel
> BuildRequires: json-glib-devel >= 0.12.0
> BuildRequires: libXcomposite-devel
> BuildRequires: libXdamage-devel
> BuildRequires: libXi-devel

I am happy to build this an stick it in a non standard place where
people who have this problem can get it.

I will build the new clutter and link it to your bug now.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes