[CentOS] CentOS-Base.repo baseurl commented out

Sun May 24 14:16:26 UTC 2015
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am 24.05.2015 um 16:11 schrieb Johnny Hughes:
> On 05/24/2015 07:48 AM, Tim Semeijn wrote:
>> Weird, as all CentOS machines under my control are suddenly giving the
>> baseurl of Base repo not found error since this morning. Could be that
>> mirrorlist is leading but all other options I found online to debug
>> the error message seem to indicate that (un)commenting should fix it.

[ ... ]

> If you have issues doing updates, I would first do "yum clean all" as
> root and try again.  If that does not work make sure the server can get
> a list of mirrors from mirrorlist.  If your machine does not have a
> browser, you can print the list in a terminal with:
>
> curl "http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os"

Empty result.

> If you can get a mirrorlist and you are getting errors still, then the
> issue has something to do with you yum connection to the mirrorlist
> servers.  It could be proxy related, if you have a proxy . more info
> would be needed.

Hi Johnny,

I am getting the same problem with mirrorlist:

# LANG=C yum -d10 makecache
Config time: 0.015
Running "init" handler for "fastestmirror" plugin
Yum Version: 3.2.29
COMMAND: yum -d10 makecache
Installroot: /
Running "postreposetup" handler for "fastestmirror" plugin
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

Did run a "yum clean all" before.

]# LANG=C yum -d10 update
Config time: 0.013
Running "init" handler for "fastestmirror" plugin
Yum Version: 3.2.29
COMMAND: yum -d10 update
Installroot: /
Reading Local RPMDB
rpmdb time: 0.001
Setting up Update Process
Updating Everything
Building updates object
Setting up Package Sacks
Running "postreposetup" handler for "fastestmirror" plugin
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

> You CAN uncommnet the baseurl, but that is just one host, while
> mirrorlist gives you ten.

Something is screwed on the remote end.

Alexander