[CentOS] Systemd

Mon May 25 19:12:35 UTC 2015

On May 25, 2015, at 10:48 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> It usually happens when I've wanted to change versions of the same software between repos and that software has been compiled differently. Usually audio-visual software. Yum install triggers a conflict and yum uninstall on the older package cascades a bunch of undesirable uninstalls. The only solution is rpm -e -nodeps followed by installing the newer package.
>
> If you have a better solution, let me know.

Stop using those repos.  Whatever you’re doing, you’re not using a repo or software packaged for the version of CentOS you are using.  Could you give some examples?  It would help to see these dependency mismatches in person.

If you want to use the software, find the source RPMs and rebuild them for the version of CentOS you’re using.

--
Jonathan Billings