[CentOS] OT: bareos, Windoze, beating head on wall

Thu Nov 26 19:24:12 UTC 2015
Ireneusz Piasecki <irekpias at op.pl>

W dniu 25.11.2015 o 21:35, m.roth at 5-cent.us pisze:
> Ireneusz Piasecki wrote:
>> W dniu 24.11.2015 o 19:38, m.roth at 5-cent.us pisze:
>>> Again, I'm posting here because when I tried their mailing list, I
>>> didn't get much response.
>> It's normal for bareos mailing list and bugtrac system. Bareos is paid
>> support oriented (even opesourced), so don't expect so much help from
>> them - when they could get some money for that (paid support). For me it
>> was too hostilie env: bareos mailing list or bug track system - so i
>> opted out (i reported some bugs in their bugtrac system) and now i'm
>> with bareos problems on my own.
> Right - I was hoping other users on the list, like here, but nope. No even
> a second look by anyone.
>>> I'm trying to do a restore, from my CentOS 6 box, to a WinDoze box. The
>>> restore command is *not* user-friendly if you just want to restore a few
>>> files. And it gets weird.... First, I have to mark my path first - I
>>> don't
>>> just see it with ls. Then, when I do an ls, in
>>> c:/Users/<username/Documents/, it shows
>>> *MATLAB
>>> *My Music
>>> *My Pictures
>>> *My Videos
>>> *Visual Studio 2005/
>>> *Visual Studio 2008/
>>> *desktop.ini
>>>
>>> *None* of which are there. All that's there are teo files, testfile.bak
>>> and testfile.txt. MATLAB is in some other user's directory....
> <snip>
>> First look at content of archive in that date, when you excpected that
>> files should be there. I use BAT for that (even that tools fails in some
>> cases) - i use: list files on job. You can use BAT for search files, but
>> with bareos ver. 15 BAT is working worse.
>>
>> Ten look careful, if you selected proper restore way (type of restore
>> nad time frame). Maybe in selected time frame files where deleted ?
> I've been looking in various ways, and I just checked another Windows
> system - this one is a single users (as opposed to a server), and it's the
> same: a) it seems to have completely flattened the directory structure,
> such that everything is visible in one directory, and b) not just from one
> user, but all of them.
>
> *sigh*
>
> I was just trying to restore one single file... but as I said, I can't
> even find it.
Try restore bareos database from archive file, or use bareos bootstrap
file to restore all files from single archive job. Look into bareos doc,
you find samples, how restore files, when bareos database is broken.
Maybe try this. I'm busy now, get sign how things are going.

IP