[CentOS] OT: bareos, Windoze, beating head on wall

Tue Nov 24 18:38:55 UTC 2015

Again, I'm posting here because when I tried their mailing list, I didn't
get much response.

I'm trying to do a restore, from my CentOS 6 box, to a WinDoze box. The
restore command is *not* user-friendly if you just want to restore a few
files. And it gets weird.... First, I have to mark my path first - I don't
just see it with ls. Then, when I do an ls, in
c:/Users/<username/Documents/, it shows
*MATLAB
*My Music
*My Pictures
*My Videos
*Visual Studio 2005/
*Visual Studio 2008/
*desktop.ini

*None* of which are there. All that's there are teo files, testfile.bak
and testfile.txt. MATLAB is in some other user's directory....

Here's the fileset spec from bareos-dir.conf
FileSet {
  Name = "citdcbhebronset"
  Include {
    Options {
      Signature = MD5 # calculate md5 checksum per file
      Ignore Case = yes
    }
    File = "c:/Users"
  }
}

Anyone have any clue as to what I'm doing wrong? Googling - a lot of it -
gives me 90% the bareos docs, and very little else.

      mark