[CentOS] OT: bareos, Windoze, beating head on wall

Tue Nov 24 20:01:01 UTC 2015

On Tue, November 24, 2015 12:38 pm, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Again, I'm posting here because when I tried their mailing list, I didn't
> get much response.
>
> I'm trying to do a restore, from my CentOS 6 box, to a WinDoze box. The
> restore command is *not* user-friendly if you just want to restore a few
> files. And it gets weird.... First, I have to mark my path first - I don't
> just see it with ls. Then, when I do an ls, in
> c:/Users/<username/Documents/, it shows
> *MATLAB
> *My Music
> *My Pictures
> *My Videos
> *Visual Studio 2005/
> *Visual Studio 2008/
> *desktop.ini
>
> *None* of which are there. All that's there are teo files, testfile.bak
> and testfile.txt. MATLAB is in some other user's directory....
>
> Here's the fileset spec from bareos-dir.conf
> FileSet {
>   Name = "citdcbhebronset"
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       Signature = MD5 # calculate md5 checksum per file
>       Ignore Case = yes
>     }
>     File = "c:/Users"
>   }
> }
>
> Anyone have any clue as to what I'm doing wrong? Googling - a lot of it -
> gives me 90% the bareos docs, and very little else.
>
>       mark

My case may be irrelevant as what I have is: server: FreeBSD 9.3, bacula
5, still here is what I have on the server side for Windows 7 client:

bconsole

restore

5

[here I chose the client]

You are now entering file selection mode where you add (mark) and
remove (unmark) files to be restored. No files are initially added, unless
you used the "all" keyword on the command line.
Enter "done" to leave this mode.

cwd is: /

cd C:/Users/[username]/Documents

dir

C:/Users/[username]/Documents/Visual Studio 2005/

dir "Visual Studio 2005"
drwxrwxrwx   1 root     wheel              0  2015-06-03 11:55:12
C:/Users/[username]/Documents/Visual Studio 2005/

[looks like it doesn't like to show the content, but if I enter there,
I'll see stuff there, so now I just will add it to restore]

add "Visual Studio 2005"
4 files marked.

done

7 files selected to be restored.

So, in my case the files are there. What happens it you use "add" command
to add directory containing the fires you need to restore?

Thanks.
Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator