[CentOS] Rsync and differential Backups

Tue Nov 10 08:18:21 UTC 2015
John Logsdon <j.logsdon at quantex-research.com>

Folks

I have been using rsnapshot for years now. The only problem I've found is
that it is possible to run out of inodes. So my heads-up is that when you
create the file system, ensure you have more than the default inodes - I
usually multiply the default by 10. Otherwise you can find your 1Tb USB
drive failing after 259Mb and you can't then recover the files. Rather
embarrassing.