[CentOS] Rsync and differential Backups

Wed Nov 11 00:09:00 UTC 2015
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 11/10/2015 03:38 PM, J Martin Rushton wrote:
> That's plain bad system analysis.  Read the start date, record the
> current date and THEN start processing.  You will get the odd extra
> file but will not loose any.

That's my point.  "find" doesn't do that and naïve implementations of
the original suggestion are likely to do work poorly.  For no reason.
Just don't use "find" to feed rsync a list of files to sync.  It's not
more efficient, it might miss files, it won't sync deleted files, etc
etc.  rsync is designed to synchronize two directory trees.  It doesn't
need external helpers (except for a pipe, like ssh).