[CentOS] OT: bareos, Windoze, beating head on wall

Wed Nov 25 20:00:24 UTC 2015
Ireneusz Piasecki <irekpias at op.pl>

W dniu 24.11.2015 o 19:38, m.roth at 5-cent.us pisze:
> Again, I'm posting here because when I tried their mailing list, I didn't
> get much response.
Hi.

It's normal for bareos mailing list and bugtrac system. Bareos is paid
support oriented (even opesourced), so don't expect so much help from
them - when they could get some money for that (paid support). For me it
was too hostilie env: bareos mailing list or bug track system - so i
opted out (i reported some bugs in their bugtrac system) and now i'm
with bareos problems on my own.

> I'm trying to do a restore, from my CentOS 6 box, to a WinDoze box. The
> restore command is *not* user-friendly if you just want to restore a few
> files. And it gets weird.... First, I have to mark my path first - I don't
> just see it with ls. Then, when I do an ls, in
> c:/Users/<username/Documents/, it shows
> *MATLAB
> *My Music
> *My Pictures
> *My Videos
> *Visual Studio 2005/
> *Visual Studio 2008/
> *desktop.ini
>
> *None* of which are there. All that's there are teo files, testfile.bak
> and testfile.txt. MATLAB is in some other user's directory....
>
> Here's the fileset spec from bareos-dir.conf
> FileSet {
>    Name = "citdcbhebronset"
>    Include {
>      Options {
>        Signature = MD5 # calculate md5 checksum per file
>        Ignore Case = yes
>      }
>      File = "c:/Users"
>    }
> }
>
> Anyone have any clue as to what I'm doing wrong? Googling - a lot of it -
> gives me 90% the bareos docs, and very little else.
>
>        mark

First look at content of archive in that date, when you excpected that
files should be there. I use BAT for that (even that tools fails in some
cases) - i use: list files on job. You can use BAT for search files, but
with bareos ver. 15 BAT is working worse.

Ten look careful, if you selected proper restore way (type of restore
nad time frame). Maybe in selected time frame files where deleted ?

I.Piasecki