[CentOS] [MASSMAIL]Re: LDAP setup on Centos 7

Fri Nov 27 16:22:00 UTC 2015
Gary Stainburn <gary at ringways.co.uk>

On Friday 27 November 2015 16:14:32 Leon Fauster wrote:
> # systemctl stop slapd
>
> # slapadd -v -l this-ldif-file
>

> # cat this-ldif-file
> dn: dc=ringways,dc=com
> objectClass: dcObject
> objectclass: organization
> o: Ringways
> dc: ringways
>
> # systemctl start slapd
>

> # ldapadd -x -D cn=Manager,dc=ringways,dc=com -W -f the-rest-of-yourfile

(Sorry, but I am doing this parrot fashion as I really don't understand LDAP
yet)

All of this is taken from the page

http://www.server-world.info/en/note?os=CentOS_7&p=openldap&f=1

and the bit that is failing is the very last step on that page. All I have
done is copy the code and files direct from the web page, replacing the two
password fields and replacing dc=server,dc=world with dc=ringways,dc=com
where required.

[root at ollie2 ~]# slapadd -v -l basedomain.ldif
56588237 The first database does not allow slapadd; using the first available
one (2)
slapadd: dn="dc=ringways,dc=com" (line=1): (64) value of single-valued naming
attribute 'dc' conflicts with value present in entry
_#######               39.95% eta   none elapsed            none spd   1.5 M/s
Closing DB...
[root at ollie2 ~]# cat basedomain.ldif
# replace to your own domain name for "dc=***,dc=***" section

dn: dc=ringways,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: dcObject
objectclass: organization