[CentOS] how do I download pictures from a dumb phone?

Sat Nov 28 00:01:43 UTC 2015
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/27/2015 3:40 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> How do I download pictures from a dumb phone?
>
> I have a Samsung phone I bought at a Walmart.
> According the the front, it worships Verizon.
> Beyond that, I'm not at all sure what kind.
>
> If I use a real USB connector to connect it to my PC,
> CentOS sees it as a character special device.
> What, if anything, I can do with that device, I do not know.
> I've not found any settings related to USB.
>
> In case it helps, from menu->settings->phone info:
> S/W V. U365.GG01
> H/W V. U365.04

I've used a program called BitPim on MS Windows to copy stuff to/from
'dumb' phones like that, it specifically supports Verizon phones.   I
see there's a Linux version, but no idea what it takes to get working.
In addition to letting you at the pictures, it will backup and restore
and edit the address book on the phone.

http://www.bitpim.org/