[CentOS] how do I download pictures from a dumb phone?

Sat Nov 28 02:38:22 UTC 2015
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 11/27/2015 3:40 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> How do I download pictures from a dumb phone?

> I've used a program called BitPim on MS Windows to copy stuff to/from 'dumb'
> phones like that, it specifically supports Verizon phones.   I see there's a
> Linux version, but no idea what it takes to get working.   In addition to
> letting you at the pictures, it will backup and restore and edit the address
> book on the phone.
>
> http://www.bitpim.org/

That might work.
The latest rpm is for CentOS 4.5,
so I will need to use the source.
So far, it's not going well.

The e-mail idea wold be good if I were willing
to pay for e-mail just to move pictures.

bitpim seem to be the most likely prospect at the moment.
Anyone have a plan B?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards