[CentOS] redistribution of isolinux binaries

Tue Oct 13 22:21:09 UTC 2015
Brian Reichert <reichert at numachi.com>

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 03:18:16PM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 10/13/2015 01:40 PM, Brian Reichert wrote:

> > Related question; where do these files come from?
> >
> > 	http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/EFI/BOOT/
> >
> > I think they're grub-related, but can't prove that...
> >

> Before answering more questions ... I really should point out that if
> you are modifying the CentOS Linux ISOs and distributing them to others
> while still calling them CentOS Linux, you are likely in violation of
> our Trademark rules:
>
> https://www.centos.org/legal/trademarks/

That is a separate detail that I need to review; I had run across
this reference in the past.

> Those ISOs (and files) are produced by the buildinstall process.  The
> files in question are created by anaconda-runtime tools.

That's good to know.  I'm curious about satisfying the obligations
of redistributing GPL software.  I'll try to trace down the details
of this buildinstall process, so I can try to track down where the
associated source is provided by the CentOS project.

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert at numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large