[CentOS] abrt-auto-reporting

Thu Oct 15 11:54:58 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 10/15/2015 04:28 AM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> centos 7(1)
>
> I have a question about abrt-auto-reporting?
>
> should this work normal ?
>
> I have on my System Problems to report the Errors.
>
> Thanks for a answer,

Yes, it should work normally for non Hardware (non MCE type) errors.

Please do understand though that the CentOS team only fixes errors when
the fix is rolled into the source code from upstream for RHEL (in base
CentOS Linux).

What this means is, bugs.centos.org is where one reports issues with
CentOS .. AND .. we need members of the community to look though open
issues there and to help us determine any errors that the CentOS
team/process introduces which are not also upstream in RHEL.

We (the CentOS team) will fix issues we have introduced.  Issues also
present in RHEL need to also be reported via bugzilla.redhat.com.  The
community is one way we can get that done.

So, if you (the community, not an individual person) want to help CentOS
(and RHEL) get better, you can look at open bugs in bugs.centos.org ..
verify the bug exists in CentOS, verify the bug also exists in RHEL, if
you have the skills to recommend a fix then do so, and report the
problem on bugzilla.redhat.com if applicable.

Then when Red Hat fixes the issue in the released source code, we will
get it into CentOS.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes