[CentOS] Centos 7, systemd, and nvidia drivers

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Sep 17 18:04:13 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 08:52:57AM -0700, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> You ran "systemctl start multi-user" when you meant to "systemctl
> isolate multi-user".
> The man page describes isolate: "This is similar to changing the
> runlevel in a traditional init system."

Note that you can actually do 'telinit 3' and telinit 5' with systemd.
I do, even though the documentation is a little complainy about it.
This maps to `systemctl isolate runlevel3.target` or `systemctl isolate
runlevel2.target` (which in turn are symlinks to multi-user.target and
graphical.target), and is a lot less typing. :)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>