[CentOS] Rebuilding a Centos 6.2 netinstall initrd with an updated driver?

Fri Sep 11 15:32:06 UTC 2015
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015, Rory Falloon wrote:

> Thanks for the thoughts. I will not be updating to Centos 6.7 across 200
> workstations when Centos 7 is close on the horizon. I've had to use Centos
> 6.6 for two other non-standard machines in the last few months which is why
> I was talking of using it again here. I'd rather not have three CentOS
> distributions on the floor, two is enough.
>
> Thanks for confirming what else I would need to do what I want to achieve.
> It looks like I will go with Centos 6.6 (or 6.7, if I have to..) for the
> workstations that *need* it due to the driver issue, and go from there.

There is no 6.7 only 6 and that *really* is the way you should look at it.
6.6 -> 6.7 was a decidedly pain free experience for me.  Early point releases
tend to be more significant.

jh