[CentOS] How to configure DNS server in RHEL 7 / CentOS 7

Tue Apr 5 19:16:40 UTC 2016
Joe Smithian <joe.smithian at gmail.com>

How to configure DNS server and search domain common for all network
interfaces not per device?

The only reliable way I found we can set DNS name server and search domain
in CentOS 7 is using nmcli which adds DNS name server and search domain to *a
specific interface*, e.g. nmcli con mod eth0 +ipv4.dns [IP_ADDRESS]. But I
want to set them for all interfaces weather they are configure and
connected or not. How can we do that?

More back ground information: I am using NetworkManager and nmcli tool to
configure multiple wired Ethernet interfaces on CentOS 7. I want to set
common DNS name server and search domain for all interfaces.
/etc/resolv.conf is generated by NetworkManger and we cannot manually
modify it.

Thanks,
Joe