[CentOS] EPEL - Clamav update?

Sun Apr 3 03:12:34 UTC 2016
Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>

> Date: Sunday, April 03, 2016 14:39:04 +1200
> From: Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>
>
> EPEL maintainers?
> I note messages in the log about updated version 0.99.1 of CLAMAV
> being available since Mar 5th.
> for CentOS 6 no update is available yet.
> I used to use rpmforge for this package but that languished for
> months before updates became available and eventually stopped
> altogether.
> Is there something I can do to assist in getting this package
> updated?
> I have no idea if this is a difficult package to compile with lots
> of dependancies or some otherwise complexities.
> In this era of constant SPAM and so many virus / trojan attempts to
> do harm to others, it is vital that we run this package to protect
> our users.
> Please let me know if / how I can assist.
> Kind regards
> Rob

I'm seeing 0.99.1-1.el6 of the various (x86_64) bits in epel-testing,
so you could get it from there and update to the fully tested version
when it is released.

In general I think it is most important to keep your signatures
current. I don't get the sense that the changes between
[sub-]point-releases are earth shattering (despite the ominous
warning that you will see in your logs).