[CentOS] Google Chrome and CentOS 6?

Tue Apr 19 12:03:12 UTC 2016
Phelps, Matthew <mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu>

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> On 04/18/2016 09:06 AM, Phelps, Matthew wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org>
> wrote:

> >> that looks like Supplementary content - we've never had that before.
> >>
> >> what we might need to do here is work the upstream beyond Red Hat
> >> where this works done, that makes it Supplementary content and not
> >> completely open source. Do we atleast know at this point what that
> >> might be ?
> >>
> >> regards
> >>
> >> - --
> >> Karanbir Singh, Project Lead, The CentOS Project
> >

> > I suspect it has to do with their "pepperflash" flash plugin.
> >
> > Clearly flash is on the way out, so any support for it is not necessary.
> >

> It is indeed not completely open source.  I was told that the agreement
> between Red Hat and Google only allows the RPMs for RHEL to be released
> to subscribers on the supplemental channel.
>
> Sorry, but I can't release it.

That was my understanding, that we have a "political" (really legal) issue,
not a technical issue. I hope Karanbir can re-visit this with RedHat.

Does anyone have a cookbook for building chromium under CentOS 6?

Johnny, do you think you could release the steps you took to build what you
did?

--
Matt Phelps
System Administrator, Computation Facility