[CentOS] curl build system is broken and so is mock

Thu Aug 4 01:13:05 UTC 2016
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>

Once upon a time, Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net> said:
> Something in the curl build will always link the binary against
> OpenSSL if the openssl-lib package is present, and will always link
> the library against OpenSSL if any TLS option is enabled in the
> configure.

No, it doesn't.  You can see this by looking at the RPM dependencies; at
least on CentOS 7 and Fedora 23, they don't depend on libssl.so at all.
If either curl or libcurl.so were linked against libssl.so, the RPM
would require it.

I just tried building the CentOS 7 RPM of curl, changing the SPEC to
remove the libssh2 settings, and I got a curl and libcurl that do not in
any way depend on libssl.  It is most definitely libssh2.so that
requires libssl.so.

If you want help, you need to stop repeating your claims and show some
actual commands run, output, versions, etc.

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>