[CentOS] Enable all permissions for root in Samba ...

Fri Aug 5 01:50:26 UTC 2016
reynierpm at gmail.com <reynierpm at gmail.com>

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 9:47 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 8/4/2016 6:23 PM, reynierpm at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> local virtual machine running
>> CentOS 7 so I do not need any security.
>>

> thats a mighty big assumption.

I understand your concern because is a security flag but I can tell you
that this is only a development environment because I use Windows as a host
but I like to have all related to server in a VM

> Having that in mind I have
>> installed Samba and this is how I setup for access the remote server:
>>
>> [global]
>> workgroup = WORKGROUP
>> server string = Samba Server %v
>> netbios name = CentOS Server
>> security = user
>> map to guest = bad user
>> dns proxy = no
>>
>> [root]
>> path = /
>> browsable =yes
>> writable = yes
>> guest ok = yes
>> read only = no
>> force user = root
>> force group = root
>>

> your remote user who connects to this local VM is running windows as
> 'root' ?  thats unusual.

I am not sure what are you asking|telling me but I was never asked for a
username/password to connect; it only goes ahead and connect but then I
can't do anything like chdir or mkdir or create new files

*Reynier Perez Mira*
Phone: (786) 5807572
EMail: reynierpm at gmail.com

[image: Facebook] <https://facebook.com/ReynierPM> [image: Github]